OpenShot video editor is an open-source, free and award-winning video editor for Linux, Mac and Windows. It is dedicated to providing high-quality video editing and animation solutions around the world.
- Cross-platform (Linux and Mac, as well as Windows)
- Support for many video, audio and image formats (based upon FFmpeg).
- Powerful Keyframe animations based on curves
- Desktop integration (drag-and-drop support)
- Unlimited tracks/layers
- Clip resizing and scaling, trimming, snapping. rotation. and cutting
- Video transitions with real time previews
- Compositing, image overlays and watermarks
- Title templates, title creation, and sub-titles
- 2D animation support (image sequences).
- 3D animated titles (and their effects)
- SVG friendly, to create and add vector titles and credits
- Scrolling motion picture credits
- Advanced Timeline (including Drag & Drop, scrolling and panning, zooming and snapping)
- Frame accuracy (step through every frame of video)
- Clips (slow/fast and forward/backward) can be time-mapped and changed at speed
- Audio mixing and editing
- Digital video effects include brightness, gamma and hue, greyscale and chroma key.