NoobProof provides a basic IPFW firewall configuration tool that works with Mac OS X 10.5-10.7. The main features of NoobProof:
- Uses Mac OS X's built-in IPFW firewall
- No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain.
- Decide who can connect to your mac’s open services: Allow or deny a single host or multiple hosts, or subnets for each service.
- Unwanted connections to shared files, music and photos can be blocked
- Add new custom services or rules easily
- Limit inbound bandwidth to certain services or all Internet traffic
- Real-time network applications such as audio/video chat or online gaming can be denied
- Blacklists for outgoing/incoming connections can be used to block untrusted hosts
- Firewall logs can be viewed in window, terminal, or in real-time
- Live static and dynamic ipfw regulations
- Supernoob mode one click firewall setup (stateful firewall)
- The wizard configurator makes it easy to configure Mac OS X firewalls. It will start the first time NoobProof is launched.
- Friendly default configuration with very simple graphic interface
- Injectors allow you to deploy your firewall setup on a large number macs. You can also backup or create libraries of useful firewall configurations. Injector works with Mac OS X 10.4-10.7
NoobProof, an open-source and free application, is available. We accept PayPal donations to [email protected] or BitCoin donations to 16UvmZcqEEYT5gYrTaGrh82d12726fQi5x Thank you.