MicMuter a simple app that runs in your menu bar allows you to toggle your Mac's microphone on and off. It effectively makes it a microphone kill switch. This can be very useful in a world where most people spend a lot of time video conferencing.
- To quickly toggle the microphone on or off on your Mac, use a global hotkey (accessible from any application).
- You can choose from a variety of hotkey combinations
- You can also display the status of your microphone in a floating, clickable window
- You can choose whether to play an audible confirmation
- MicMuter can be run each time your Mac starts up.
- Native application signed and notarized
- Very lightweight and requires minimal system resources
- It's completely free. Similar tools can cost money!