LiteSpeed Web Server can handle thousands concurrent connections and has a small memory footprint. It is less susceptible to various attacks.
LiteSpeed Web server has been designed to be a secure Webserver. With chroot jail and IP level bandwidth throttling as well as connection accounting and strict HTTP request checking, DoS effects can be minimized. The application backend can also be properly fenced off from the HTTP request layer, reducing vulnerability.
- High Performance Secure HTTP (HTTPS: Supports SSLv2, SSLv3 & TLSv1
- Access Control at the server, virtual host, and directory (context level) levels
- File system protection
- HTTP Authentication
- IP level throttling (Bandwidth, Request Rate)
- Comprehensive IP level connection accounting
- Hotlink protection
- Strict HTTP request checking
- Protection for static files
- External application firewall to protect dynamic content
- CGI resources consumption limit
- CGI suEXEC exution and chroot
- Chroot whole server process [Enterprise Edition only]
- Zero downtime maintanance (include reconfiguration, software upgrade)
- Instant recovery and watchdog maximizes up-time
- Graceful shutdown. All requests will be processed.
- It runs completely in the user space. OS reliability is not affected
- CGI, Fast CGI, and servlet engines run in separate processes. Third-party software does not affect the reliability of the Web server.
Note that Free Tier has limitations. More information