IceCat , the GNU Firefox browser version, is IceCat . It is completely free software, which is its main advantage. Although the Mozilla project's Firefox source code is free software, they recommend and distribute non-free software such as add-ons and plug-ins. Their trademark license also restricts distribution in ways that are incompatible with freedom 0.
- HTTPS-Everywhere Extension that encrypts your communications to many major websites. This makes your browsing safer.
- SpyBlock: Blocks privacy trackers when you are in normal browsing mode and all third-party requests when you are in private browsing mode. Based on Adblock Plus
- AboutIceCat: Creates a custom "about" page with links to information about IceCat's privacy and software features. You can also check boxes to disable or enable the more vulnerable to breaking websites.
- Countermeasures to Fingerprinting: Fingerprinting is a set of techniques that allows a browser to be uniquely identified based on a specific characterisic (like the fonts that are available in that particular machine). This tracking is not possible to opt out of, unlike cookies. The browser must avoid giving away this kind of information.
- Mozilla Firefox is an open-source internet browser that uses Mozilla's Firefox. It comes with three extensions already installed to protect your privacy
- Link to DL a LangPack Add-on Other Than English for IceCat
- IceCat's unstable release
- The link to LangPack add-ons for IceCat's unstable release is also available in English.