Hex Fiend has many unique features.
- Insert/Delete, Rearrange: Hex fiend doesn't limit you to making in-place changes as some hex editors.
- Hex Fiend is able to handle large files. It has been tested with files up to 118 GB.
- Hex fiend has a small footprint. Hex fiend does not store your files in memory. Hex Fiend is easy to use, even on low-RAM machines.
- Fast: Navigate to a large file, scroll through, and then copy and paste it all in one go. Fast searching makes it easy to find what you are looking for.
- Binary diff Hex Fiend is able to show the differences between files taking into account insertions and deletions.
- Smart Savings: Hex Fiend doesn't waste time overwriting files that haven’t changed and never requires temporary disk space.
- Data inspector Interpret data in integer or floating points, signed or unsigned and big or small endian...
- Embeddable It is easy to integrate Hex Fiend's data or hex views into your application. Its permissive BSD license won't be a burden.