HandBrake allows you to convert video from almost any format to a variety of supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder or DVD image, real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS cannot be supported internally and must instead be handled externally using third-party software and libraries), and BDMV folder (unencrypted), along with some.VOB (and.TS) files
- Any multimedia file it can access libavformat to be read and libavcodec for decode.
- Format: MP4 or MKV
- Video: MPEG-2 or MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora (1 or 2 passes, constant quantizer/rate encoder)
- Audio: AAC HE-AAC AC3, AC3, Vorbis FLAC (16-bits, 24-bits) or AAC MP3, AC3, DTS, and DTS-HD pass through (supports the encoding of multiple audio tracks)
- Miscellaneous features
- Selecting the right chapter
- Soft subtitle support (DVD/VobSub on DVD/MKV/MP4, Bluray/PGS BD/MKV and SRT files in BD/MKV. SRT files, ASS/SSA are in MKV. TX3G/3GPP can be found in MP4 - DVD/VobSub Blu-ray/PGS, ASS/SSA subtitles may also be burned into the picture.
- Picture deinterlacing and cropping.
- Grayscale encoding