gfxCardStatus, a menu bar application that tracks which graphics card your MacBook Pro uses at any given moment, is free.
- Simple icons for Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics.
- Automates updates when the GPU switch, in real-time
- List of dependent processes: See which applications are currently using 330M, if that's the active GPU!
- Growl support is available to let you know when the GPU switches.
- A tiny footprint won't occupy your menu bar or hog RAM and CPU cycles.
- Automatic application update checks for new downloads and installs the latest versions of gfxCardStatus.
The software is free but it is donationware. To support development, please consider donating.