DreamFactory provides an API management gateway. It can generate powerful, documented APIs for nearly twenty databases, including Microsoft SQL Server.
The scripting interface supports four languages. Third-party libraries are also supported. Business logic integration allows data validation, masking, and transformation.
API keys and role-based access control restrict endpoint and method access. DreamFactory supports multiple authentication options, including OpenID Connect, Okta, and AD.
Request limiting reduces the risk of data theft by ensuring that system resources aren’t misused. Elastic Stack supports logging. Other compliance controls include API monitoring and restricted admins.
The key features of Dreamfactory include
- Instant REST APIs to SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep SQL support, including automatic endpoints for schema, functions and data, as well as API parameters for complex filters and pagination, multi-table joins and calculations, and aggregation.
- Virtual foreign keys are used to perform CRUD operations on multiple databases using a single API call
- Instant REST APIs to file storage, email, and push notification
- Securely connects with any remote HTTP/SOAP service
- API documentation for Live Swagger 2.0 endpoints
- All API endpoints can be managed and accessed via role-based access control
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT), SSO authentication and stateless scale
- Integration of OAuth/LDAP/Active Directory
- Admin console for configuring APIs, users, roles and scripts, packages, and other information
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux Easier to deploy on cloud platform and on-premises